Tuesday, September 16, 2014

America The Brutal-ful and the Financed

Hello World....

I had a chance to have a convo with a young man from another country about his move to the United States.  The company I work for has international offices and we have international interns and employees so my assumption is a Visa and here to go to school and/or work,  I was not ready for what I was about to hear.

So, apparently the process is as follows:


  1. Person approaches the embassy to advise of wanting to come to the US.
  2. A nonrefundable $$$$$$ amount is paid.
  3. The embassy looks at the type of work that the person will be doing in the US.
  4. If there is a need for that type of work, in their opinion, the Visa is approved or denied.
  5. If the Visa is denied, the person does NOT get the money back.  So now they are still stuck in their country and out of $1000s of dollars.


We keep the money.  When I say "we" I mean my government not his.  Where is the dough flowing?  We have ALL types of issues going on in these United States.  There are all types of  revenue streams that flow elsewhere.  There is a group of people that have spent all of their lives holding on to their privileges.  I guess it makes sense to try to keep a group of people beneath you so you can feel powerful.  As many opportunities that we have, I just couldn't believe the process I mentioned above is in place anywhere or would ever be dreamed up.

I'm sure you're saying "you didn't say what country"....does it really matter?  This is crazy!  This is really crazy!

I was born and raised here and even though my brown skin is still sometimes mocked (even in 2014) I like this country, I've even served my country but dammit sometimes shit is just backwards!  Making people do what they have to do to scrape up and save money to only possibly lose it.  Totally backwards!


I normally give a word of encouragement during this part of the blog but I'm having a hard time thinking of anything to say.  I send positive vibes to those that are making a strong attempt to get to the states.  I pray that EVERYthing goes well and you are successful in all that you are striving to do.  Continue with your passion and birth your baby.  Don't let America, America suck it out of you.  Life can be brutal if you don't keep pushing forward.  In the words of a hip hop producer, it's all about the benjamins aka the cheddar aka the money.  Another cliche is money talks, bullshit walks.  Most of the business deals are made behind closed doors, in clubs, over drinks with money involved.  You scratch my back I'll scratch yours is another mindset used in business.  Just be careful and keep swimming.

Peace and Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment