Thursday, January 8, 2015

Take Me Back...


Hello World...

I'm sure some of you have heard that we've recently lost a music legend.  Andrae Crouch is known for his gospel hits but had his hand in the entire music world with production and song writing plugs all over.

The Crouch family was one of the groups that inspired me as a young musician to use my gifts for the Lord.  I purchased song books that included his hits and even had the songbook version of one of his albums which allowed me to attempt to tackle his writing genius.  Back then I had the skills to handle those music staffs, now I just look through it and reminisce about the passion and nimbleness that I possessed.  The death of a such a great talent just reminds me that we are all born with something for the world.  It is up to us to do what we need to do take our skills to the professional level and get it to the world.  Reverend Crouch took off at an early age and was focused on his goal of making music to uplift Jesus.  At 15, he wrote a song that became one of my favorites at an early age and I sang at every invited church "The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power".  Another favorite of mine and go-to song was "Soon And Very Soon", a great group or solo pick.

His life just reminds me that time is of the essence.  Not that I was unaware of that before but it just brings it home again.  I never met him personally but he was an influence on me.  I spent the Christmas holidays in the hospital as my Mom got well.  Even though she's doing great and at home, that time of spending the night in the hospital and helping her with respiratory treatments (at least pushing the button for the nurse) reminded me again that life is precious and can be taken in a moment.  Looking around at my life, I really want the Lord to (in the words of the late Rev Crouch) take me back to the place where I first received you...where I first believed.  There was a time that you couldn't tell me anything my gifts made room.  Somewhere the steam cooled and I began to settle in life, in everything.

I was speaking with a co-worker earlier today (who happens to be a musician.  He went on a music sabbatical and today we discussed him creating another band.  And I told him (while talking to myself) that as an artist we only truly function at 100% by working in and with our gifts.  Anything else that we do is a holding place and our interest fizzles quickly.  The music is the only thing that holds our attention and it holds it for life!

I encourage YOU (yes YOU) to keep moving forward in your gift.  Don't lose speed, don't lose steam.  And when you feel your interest waning, ask the Father, the Universe to take you back to the time and space when your passion kept you focused!

I congratulate you (in advance) for your completed goals and objectives!

Peace and Blessings....

~Are you a female blogger? Are you a female working in the arts? Check out these two support organizations: Women With Gifts   SHECreatediT ~

This blogger can be reached at annissakaye@gmail.com.

website credit:
www.youtube.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andra%C3%A9_Crouch

Photo credit:
www.scienceblog.com


No comments:

Post a Comment